On Saturday, May 19th, an American actress made her fairytale come true. It was a beautiful sunny day with the crowds lined for miles, some camped out overnight, just to get the perfect position to get a glimpse of the now Duke and Duchess of Sussex. There were approximately 600 guests, with Hollywood celebrities Oprah Winfrey, George and Amal Clooney, and Idris Elba flying in to attend. Unfortunately, Markle’s mother, Doria Loyce Ragland, was the bride’s only blood relatives to attend the wedding.
The couple was married at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle. The Most Reverend Michael Bruce Curry, the 27th Presiding Bishop and Primate of the Episcopal Church, gave the address at the wedding. He spoke of things like true love, and love is the only way. He also added subjects that were important to the bride and groom, helping others and black slaves. Markle isn’t only an actress, but also a human rights activist like Williams mother Diana.
The dress itself was both simple and exquisite. It was designed by Givenchy, and was a well kept secret. One of the songs sang was “Stand By Me.” This song was appropriate for their young love as well as the belief of helping those less fortunate. The couple put their own stamp on their wedding, while still adhering to some conventional traditions. One example of putting their own stamp on their wedding, is that Prince Harry makes the 1st male royal to wear a wedding band.
You really can’t blame the couple for wanting to be their own. There are some rules that must be adhered to by the new couple. I am going to list them below to see what you think.
- When the Queen is finished eating, everyone is finished eating
- There must be Mrytle in Every Bride’s bouquet
- There can be no public affection shown when traveling in public, this includes holding hands
- Members of the Royal family cannot play the game Monopoly
- While traveling, the female must pack an All-Black outfit
- Members of the Royal family Cannot eat Shellfish
- There can be no garlic or any kind of starch at the table
- No one is allowed to fly with another heir to the throne. Nonetheless, Prince William and Princess Kate break this rule all the time
- George, the heir to the throne, can never wear pants
- Tiaras may only be worn after 6 P.M.
- No Gifts opened on Christmas day
- No one can turn their back on the Queen
- the Queen can drive without having a driver’s license
- Women can only sit with their legs crossed
Lord have mercy, all I can say is Good Luck Duchess of Sussex. There are many more rules, but I thought these were stuffy enough.
So there you have it, the highs and lows of Meghan Markle and Prince Harry Royal Wedding 2018. Okay all of you royal followers out there, weigh in with your thoughts. Can’t wait to hear from you!
Until My Next Blog,
Good day Friends!