Certainly! Here’s a simple pancake recipe that’s under 250 calories:
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- Cooking spray or a small amount of oil for the pan
- In a mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, baking powder, and cinnamon (if using).
- Add the almond milk, unsweetened applesauce, and vanilla extract to the dry ingredients. Mix until just combined. Don’t overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Preheat a non-stick pan or griddle over medium heat and lightly coat it with cooking spray or oil.
- Pour 1/4 cup of the pancake batter onto the pan for each pancake. Cook until bubbles form on the surface (about 2-3 minutes).
- Flip the pancake and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, until golden brown.
- Repeat the process with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes with your favorite toppings such as fresh fruit, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup (keep in mind the additional calories), or a dollop of Greek yogurt.
This recipe makes approximately 2 servings of pancakes, with each serving being under 250 calories. Enjoy your delicious and healthier pancakes!