Pancakes are a classic breakfast favorite, and when you add the indulgence of chocolate chips, you take them to a whole new level of deliciousness. This recipe for fluffy chocolate chip pancakes will satisfy your sweet tooth and leave you craving for more. Whether it’s for a special weekend brunch or a delightful treat any time of the day, these pancakes are sure to be a hit with everyone. So, let’s get started!
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 3 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips (milk, dark, or semi-sweet, as per preference)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the milk, egg, melted butter, and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir gently until just combined. Be careful not to overmix; a few lumps are okay.
- Gently fold in the chocolate chips, distributing them evenly throughout the batter.
- Preheat a non-stick skillet or griddle over medium heat. Lightly grease the surface with butter or cooking spray.
- Using a ¼ cup measuring cup or a ladle, pour the batter onto the skillet to form pancakes. Cook until bubbles form on the surface, about 2-3 minutes.
- Flip the pancakes using a spatula and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, or until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer the cooked pancakes to a plate and cover with a clean kitchen towel to keep them warm while you cook the remaining batter.
- Serve the fluffy chocolate chip pancakes warm with your favorite toppings. Maple syrup, whipped cream, fresh berries, or a dusting of powdered sugar are all great options.
- Enjoy your delectable stack of fluffy chocolate chip pancakes!
- For extra fluffiness, you can separate the egg and beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. Fold in the beaten egg white just before cooking the pancakes.
- If you prefer smaller chocolate chips, you can pulse the larger chocolate chips in a food processor a few times to break them down.
- To add some variety, you can also sprinkle additional chocolate chips on top of the pancakes immediately after pouring the batter onto the skillet.
These fluffy chocolate chip pancakes are the perfect combination of light and fluffy texture with bursts of sweet chocolatey goodness. They are simple to make and can be customized with your favorite toppings. Whether you enjoy them for breakfast or as a special treat, these pancakes are guaranteed to become a family favorite. Indulge in the delightful flavors of these pancakes and savor every bite!