- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or pecans)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease a loaf pan and set it aside.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash the ripe bananas until smooth.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the melted butter and sugar until well combined. Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and whisk until smooth.
- Add the mashed bananas to the wet mixture and mix well.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add this dry mixture to the wet ingredients, stirring until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- If desired, fold in the chopped nuts.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan, spreading it evenly.
- Bake for approximately 50-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Then, transfer it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, slice and enjoy!
This banana bread is a perfect treat for breakfast or a snack. Enjoy!